Bone anchored amputation prostheses is a pioneering treatment that considerably improves amputee´s quality of life.
As a result of extensive research and decades of experience in different applications of osseointegration, a unique fixture for skeletal anchorage of artificial limbs has been developed. This is an integral part of the OPRA treatment.
The OPRA treatment is based on the principle of Osseointegration, an anchorage mechanism that generates a direct structural connection between living bone tissue and titanium.
Benefits of bone anchored amputation prostheses
- Full range of motion and restored functionality
- Eliminates pressure, sores and pain in skin and soft tissues
- Stable attachment
- The prosthesis can be worn all day and every day
- Simplified attachment and detachment (don/doff)
- Better walking ability
- Improved sitting comfort
- No socket adjustments required
- Improved quality of life